Monday 16 December 2019

Methodology Process 2


So, we have started working on the project like I said in my first post I talked about how I would be using Voyant to analyse our texts so I will talk about that here, I guess. As a group we where chose two scripts and then I would use them to analyse. The scripts we chose where High school musical and the spinoff of that series Sharpay’s fabulous adventure also we took the first chapter of the great Gatsby. (I wanted to do the bee movie but majority rules I guess.) The process was very easy as it was mainly a copy and paste you know and then your just pressing reveal your then met with a lot of things that are hard to get your head around at first, but it does make sense trust me. There are graphs and cirrus these give you the findings of trends and etc through the texts. I thought this was a really good idea as its not like your being presented it in one format because you could be looking for specific information and not everyone would be looking for the same type of information. Overall I think Voyant is really easy to use and is quick to learn how to use it. I also screen recorded the process all three of the texts being put into the Voyant tool and then all I need to do was send them to Nadine. I’ve had a few issues with this because some clips just wouldn’t send and therefore had to be re done and re saved and we had to try out several different types of file to find the right one that would allow me to send the clips to Nadine. This took awhile and was very frustrating so much so that I had to walk away and just watch YouTube for a few hours because you know the saying of take a break from something it helps or something. Idk?

I feel like the project is going well with minor issues, but we can and will get past them Nadine has started the editing process and we have all done our voice overs for the video however… I think there are issues with mine and Nadine’s so we are planning on recording ours again hopefully they come out better the second time round because I can’t be dealing with doing it again Like no chance will I re re record them again like no way. Other than that, there going well I have seen what Nadine is doing with the video and it looks super nice. I have had worries throughout the project at time I was just like why we chose this like where we looking to fail or what like and then other times I was like yeah we got this man we gonna ace this come on let’s go!!!!!! I actually am really excited to see this video now I can’t wait to see the finale version.
happy freak out GIF by Music Choice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Methodology reflection 3

So, I’m sitting here reflecting on this last mission and I mean I’ve learned a lot. I’m happy with the grade I got and all and in a bitter...